AEON was launched on 6.6.2014 at 6:00 PM UTC, with no premine or instamine.
AEON is for people who want to pay and live freely, who want to be part of the cryptocurrency revolution and want to try something new.
It is based on the CryptoNote protocol and uses the CryptoNight-Lite algorithm, and features:
- True anonymity & data protection
- Untraceable payments uses ring signature
- Unlinkable transactions with random data by the sender
- Blockchain analysis resistant
- CPU/GPU mining, ASIC-resistant
April 26, 2015 - new roadmap announced
Mobile-friendly PoW and block time (released)
GUI wallet (in progress)
32-bit and ARM support (released, but requires low memory footprint below)
Low memory footprint (in progress)
Blockchain pruning (test release available)
Multisig and payment channels (instant payments)
Lead developer: smooth
Release engineering, Q/A, support: Arux
Other roles: open (PM smooth)
Original developer (as Monero fork): anonymous
None currently open.
You can send donations for the AEON bounty fund and development.
AEON address: WmsSWgtT1JPg5e3cK41hKXSHVpKW7e47bjgiKmWZkYrhSS5LhRemNyqayaSBtAQ6517eo5PtH9wxHVmM78JDZSUu2W8PqRiNs
View Key: 71bf19a7348ede17fa487167710dac401ef1556851bfd36b76040facf051630b
Bitcoin address: 12Cyjf3qV6qLyXdzpLSLPdRFPUVidvnzFM
PoW algorithm: CryptoNight-Lite
Max supply: ~18.4 million
Block reward: Smoothly varying using the formula (M−A) / (218) / (1012) where M = 264 −1 and A = supply mined to date.
Block time: 240 seconds
Difficulty: Retargets at every block
Current release 0.9.12.0 (source code, 64 bit Windows binaries)
bootstrap for linux-x64 (by community member Phantas 2016-03-10)
bootstrap for Windows-x64 (by community member Phantas 2016-03-11)
bootstrap for OS X (by community member sammy007 2015-08-08)
GUI for Windows 0.2.3 (by community member h0g0f0g0, src.zip, sha1) WITHDRAWN
Instructions to compile on Windows (provided by community member cryptrol): see bottom of this post
Recommended: Use caution with community-provided downloads, check reputation and scan for malware
Recommended: Use the -donate option when starting the daemon to donate a portion of your computer power to support the project and the network
Links & Resources:
No endorsement of third party services is implied. Use at your own risk. In the event of forks or other network issues be sure any service you use is properly updated and supporting the correct chain.
- Bittrex - AEON/BTC
Cryptopia - AEON/BTC (also has DOGE and LTC pairs)
- OTC thread - AEON/XMR
- Speculation thread (moderated by americanpegasus)
- http://188.8.131.52:8080 - Arux’s personal pool (2% fee)
- http://184.108.40.206:9000 - The Cryptophilanthropist (2% fee)
- IRC channel #aeon @ Freenode (Webchat Link)
- Bootable image to manage AEON cold wallets (by Arux) github
Stand alone miners
- https://github.com/shyba/aeon-stak-cpu (fireice XMR CPU miner ported to AEON by shyba)
- https://github.com/shyba/aeon-stak-amd (fireice XMR AMD miner ported to AEON by shyba)
Dead Links / Outdated:
cryptocointalk white paper
1. Compile from source code.
2. Launch aeond and wait until it is synchronized.
3. Launch simplewallet -generate-new-wallet=wallet_name.bin -pass=12345
4. Start mining from the wallet using start_mining command
(provided by community member cryptrol)
Compile steps for Windows x64 using MSVC
First of all let’s get all the tools we need :
- Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2013 (It’s a free version of visual studio with some license limitations).
You can uncheck the web development tools and SQL tools since you won’t use them for building AEON.
This will take time to download and install and you will have to reboot upon completion.
- Download and install cMake for windows from : http://www.cmake.org/download/ (Win32 install)
- Download Boost 1.57 from http://www.boost.org/users/download/ , use the zip or 7zip archive and extract.
You can use c:\boost_1_57_0 since this is what I am using for this steps.
- Download and install Github for Windows from https://windows.github.com/ (This also includes a Git shell that we will use later).
Now the nasty part compile & build time !
- Build Boost :
Open a command line and type :
> cd c:\boost_1_57_0
> b2 -toolset=msvc variant=release link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static address-model=64
- Open the Git Shell (or Git bash) depending what you downloaded previously and do.
> git clone https://github.com/aeonix/aeon.git
> cd aeon
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake -G “Visual Studio 12 Win64” -DBOOST_ROOT=c:\boost_1_57_0 -DBOOST_LIBRARYDIR=c:\boost_1_57_0\stage\lib ..
> MSBuild Project.sln /p:Configuration=release /m
You should now find the exe files under build/src/release .
 Cryptonight-Lite: Louis d’or whitepaper; crypto_zoidberg, doe1138; December 8, 2014. Previously: Cryptonight
 Proposed: minimum maintenance reward of <1%/year for mining incentive starting after approximately 8 years.
 Previously: (M−A) / (220) / (1012) each 60 seconds block where M = 264 −1 and A = supply mined to date (coins generated per day unchanged).