BLOCKv will exponentially increase the value that you get from the digital world.
- Project name: BLOCKv.
- Token symbol: VEE.
- Website: https://blockv.io/
- Whitepaper: https://blockv.io/documents/whitepaper.pdf
- Hard cap: $20 million.
- Conversion rate: To be fixed 1 hours before the main sale starts.
- Maximum market cap at ICO on a fully diluted basis: $40 million.
- No of tokens being sold at ICO: 1 billion tokens. (17.5%of total supply)
- Ticket size: There is no maximum amount of VEE tokens per purchase.
- Payment methods: Bitcoin (“BTC”) and Ethereum (“ETH”) will be the only methods of payment accepted in the crowdsale.
- Presale or white list: Yes. Minimum amount for the pre-sale is $50 000, address your requests to [email protected]
- Bonus: Up to 20% discount is available to presalers.
- ERC20 token:Yes.
- Role of Token: Utility.
- Crowdsale date: The crowdsale will happen through a widget that will appear on https://blockv.io/ when the crowdsale starts on October 12, at 9am EDT.
- Token distribution date: Once the crowdsale has ended.
- Country of origin:Switzerland.
The BLOCKv provides a development platform and community designed to help create tradable virtual goods such as digital tickets, coupons and items in online games.
These digital goods, called vAtoms, provide a completely new experience. Unlike an app on a mobile device, vAtoms can be dropped, bought or sold, transferred or traded with other users. Unlike an mp3 music file, vAtoms are unique and can’t be copied. Unlike a ticket in PDF-format or in your Apple Wallet, a vAtom can be interactive: for example, it can play a song or change its state over time, providing pre- and post-experience on top of access to the actual event.
The BLOCKv platform will:
- Provide the primary protocol on top of blockchains for digital objects.
- Make virtual goods easy to create, adopt and use.
- Build the necessary toolkit to nurture the Virtual Good Economy.
- Build a community of creators and early adopters around the concept of a Virtual Goods Economy.
Network communication is expanding from moving information to the transmission of value. For the first time anyone can send scarce, authenticated and trusted value without intermediaries. This phenomenon is poised to affect every industry and government process and give birth to a new economy. However, the potential of blockchain to permeate society has been constrained by the complexity of the underlying technology at this nascent stage.
Typically disruptive innovations are first relegated to early adopters and specialized industries or academia and blockchain has been no exception. To become mainstream, a key milestone must be met -an advance that XPRIZE and Singularity University founder Peter Diamandis calls the ‘user interface moment’. Diamandis, recognized as among the world’s most prominent futurists and business innovators, describes user interface moments as when a platform or interface arrives that allows something formerly difficult to become easy to use and build upon unlocking its revenue generating potential.
Diamandis explains that the last most exciting user interface moment was the iPhone and Apple’s App Store. The App Store allowed anyone to bring ideas to life and access a massive global audience. Since 2006, 300,000 developers have written 2 million apps that have been downloaded 140 bullion times. Prior to the App Store providing the interface moment to mobile the potential to galvanize a creative army of developers and artists remained unrealized. The App Store opened the door to a staggering era of wealth creation and innovation, and changed the way humanity lives, works and plays.
BLOCKv is the interface moment for blockchain. BLOCKv brings the layer necessary to unleash exponential mainstream adoption. BLOCKv’s interface protocol augments blockchains like Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and others with powerful, revenue-generating consumer-facing experiences, such as interactive 2D and 3D graphics, sounds, music, animation, location, combinability, retail redemption, and real-time state changes based on environmental events.
There has been a vast global interest in blockchain development. As with any early sector, innovation and change is guaranteed meaning what you build on today may lock you in tomorrow to a technology or project that has better successors or alternatives soon.
BLOCKv provides developers with the first blockchain abstraction layer, allowing smart objects and the applications they enable to be built without taking a bet on one blockchain or another. Current plans include Bitcoin, Ethereum, and EOS - but all viable blockchains can be on boarded over time, providing a vital risk mitigation strategy for any serious blockchain project.
vAtoms are highly programmable digital objects that are individually owned and can exist in different environments. The ownership of a vAtom is confirmed via a record on any blockchain, making each vAtom unique, verifiable and tradable. vAtoms are owned by the end users, meaning that, for the first time, you can own a virtual object much like you own a physical object.
vAtoms utilize many of the same principles that can be found in smart contract technology. Smart contracts are automatic and digital executions of a binding agreement between two or more parties. They can be self-executing, self-enforcing, or both. Smart contracts provide security superior to traditional contract law and to reduce other transaction costs associated with contracting. Key use cases for smart contracts include digital identity, record keeping, securities, trade finance, derivatives and land title data recording, among others.
vAtoms go several steps beyond what smart contracts are capable of today. Instead of simply executing code through the use of tokens, vAtoms fuse the token and the code into one, adding on a user-centric, experiential layer to the smart contract paradigm. vAtoms employ fully shaded 3D models, animated artwork, music and video, and can be experienced on any device, including mobile phones, smartTVs, and augmented and virtual reality. Each vAtom can have different ‘faces’: ways in which they manifest themselves in different environments. For example, the same vAtom may look and behave differently on iOS as opposed to a SmartTV.
vAtoms are finite in quantity and can be trusted to be secure and immune to fraud. Obtainable from almost anywhere, these smart objects can be acquired across traditional and social media, physical locations, online exchanges, mobile devices, and virtual and augmented reality environments. They are dynamic, interact with and react to other objects, and can change functions and behaviors based on external, real-world events such as the weather, stock prices, sports scores, and social media trends.
INTENDED USE CASES.
- In-game items that are network aware, shareable, change according to real-world events and can be taken out of the game to be stored in your inventory, becoming interoperable and tradeable with all other vAtoms.
- Tickets that can’t be duplicated or forged, with built-in pricing policies that protect them from the parasitic impact of third-party brokers. The tickets intelligently come alive at events to deliver valuable keepsakes, personalized interactions, and memorabilia with scarce and valuable content.
- Virtual trading cards that cannot be counterfeit, that can be collected and swapped on global exchanges and that react and change state based on action on the field. For example digital trading cards for eSports can be created to be dynamic and change state when external events occur. If a certain player wins a tournament his card can change to have the picture of the player holding a drink, and the drink object can be simply dragged from the card into a user’s inventory and then redeemed for a real drink.
- Virtual goods that listen to real-world events such as weather, stock prices, and sports scores and that transform into redemption coupons for merchandise and concessions.
- Secure medical records with user-owned healthcare information that interact in real-time with biomedical sensors and ensure consistent individualized treatments, while reducing medical error.
- Smart documents that include document-centric chats, enforce behaviors based on policies, time-stamp activities, authenticate actions, and adjudicate contracts.
- Brands that can engage consumers with objects of value vs. simple advertising messages. Imagine a world where brand loyalty becomes an interactive, ongoing, engaging community experience.
The BLOCKv platform provides an experiential layer on top of the blockchain that allows developers to build vAtoms that behave and interact in unique ways. The BLOCKv API is a flexible and dynamic toolkit that enables the creation of value for any digital item, as well as the design of engaging and unique experiences that live across any platform. The developer is shielded from many of the complex tasks, cumbersome processes and learning needed in today’s blockchain developer environments.
- BLOCKv will facilitate a developer community where developers can build smart object templates and write code for the behavior and user interface functions, as well as actions and reactors. A publisher might then use that vAtom template and code for its own use cases to publish vAtoms. The community will come up with new development tools, compilers, coding languages or SDKs to facilitate the implementation of vAtom use cases far beyond their current imagination.
- A vAtom publisher is an entity which creates and publishes vAtoms. The process of creating vAtoms includes the data and properties of a vAtom, the graphical representation (look and feel) as well as the behavior and interactions.
- A cycler is a decentralized autonomous entity which provides infrastructure and processing power to run BLOCKv platform functions (reactors, brains, APIs) based on the BLOCKv distributed compute consensus model. For successfully executing vAtom transactions. cyclers receive a specific amount of V.
- An individual who holds a smart wallet containing vAtoms. A user can view and interact with vAtoms using their smart wallet. A vAtom-enabled smart wallet can be anything from a browser-based web viewer to iPhone or Android mobile apps to Smartly apps to a 3D virtual reality viewer. Through their smart wallet, users also have access to vAtoms offered on a marketplace or dropped on the map. etc
- SDKs & APIs: These will act as an open engine on all platforms for interacting and viewing vAtoms.
- Nucleus: The nucleus contains the core components “that bring vAtoms to life”. These components include notifications and real-time event listeners.
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS, and Others: BLOCKv can be built on these blockchains and other popular platforms.
- Marketplace and Exchange: On this layer of the BLOCKv technology stack, users can buy, sell, and trade vAtoms.
- Registry: The registry contains information about vAtoms creation, organization, and management.
- Blockchain Abstraction Layer: Enables seamless integration into blockchains.
VIRTUAL GOODS ECONOMY.
Humans subconsciously attach value to things that they perceive as scarce and ownable. In today’s virtual goods economy there is already value placed on items such as photographs, in-game items, music recordings and e-tickets, to name a few. With the proliferation of an independent trust layer, a shared data access layer and open interoperability, the widespread predictions of a digital goods economy emerging can be realized.
Unique digital objects built on BLOCKv with an experience layer come alive as virtual goods, surpassing early cryptocurrency usage models. As opposed to an inert currency or digital object, virtual goods possess the inherent potential to change state, interact with the user, create emotional resonance and increase in value due to collectability or redeemability.
BLOCKv ushers in the new experiential economy, by creating virtual goods that:
- Work across any digital platform, including all major devices and virtual and augmented reality systems, allowing users to experience and sell, trade and redeem them anywhere they have access to the internet
- Are ownable, maximizing the value/experience for the owners.
- Are built on blockchain technology, ensuring authenticity. ownership, and control.
- Merge the digital and real worlds, giving users a way to seamlessly exchange digital goods for physical goods.
- Are distinguishable and unique on a per object level, which even today’s cryptocurrency tokens are not.
MARKET SIZE AND POTENTIAL.
The in-game virtual goods market volume is roughly $15 billion. Market growth is driven by the fact that in-game items have built-in scarcity, which means that for desirable objects, demand always exceeds supply.
The AR/VR market value is projected to be $108 billion by 2021. Any training simulation, virtual “field trip” or exhilarating experience will need to be populated by a vast array of virtual objects.
The cryptocurrency market cap currently exceeds $100 billion. A serious limitation for digital tokens is their lack of an experiential layer. For many people, the value of a token or cryptocurrency is difficult to grasp due to the lack of a perceivable manifestation.
HOW ADVANCED IS THE PROJECT?
BLOCKv has been under 2 years of intensive development, before being launched.
First demo vAtoms created on BTC blockchain & public launch of iOS mobile app for demonstration in 2016.
Availability of APIs and documentation for developers and publishers (closed group of developers) iOS, web, and Android SDKs for wallet app development in 2017.
BLOCKv has signed its first development partner, vAtomic Systems, which is piloting the BLOCKv platform with major brands in financial services, music & entertainment, and consumer goods. The companies will announce brand and technology partnerships in the coming months.
BLOCKv was selected as the WINNER of the ICO Pitch Competition which took place in Kiev as part of the d10e Conference. There were over one hundred applications to the competition; twenty six teams were selected to pitch at the conference and BLOCKv came out on top! EOS, Bancor and Civic all presented at d10e in the past. The Blockchain Investors Consortium (BIC) judged the competition. BIC currently has 100 members, who are thought leaders in the blockchain industry and have over $1 billion of digital assets under management amongst themselves. Mike Costache one of BLOCKv’s advisors is the Founder of BIC.
V are smart contract tokens build to the ERC20 token standard. They are an integral part of the BLOCKv open-source development environment. BLOCKv and each of its composite parts require V to fuse the BLOCKv ecosystem together and provide a mechanism for rewards and collaboration.
All key stakeholders will utilize V:
- Any operation on the BLOCKv platform will be powered by V.
- BLOCKv will use V to reward hackathons. competitions and support user-piloted development solutions. For example. BLOCKv will run competitions for the best templates for gaming, health care, education, collectibles and consumer products. The winners will be awarded in V.
- Developers need V for most operations with vAtoms and the BLOCKv ecosystem. Every time a vAtom is linked to the blockchain, this operation will need to be paid for in V. Every time the ownership of a vAtom is changed, it will need to be paid for in V. Using existing templates for vAtoms will also require payment in V.
- Creators will be rewarded in V whenever anyone uses their innovations.
Target on crowdsale is capped at $40 million, with $20M coming from the presale and $20M from ICO. The token pre-sale opened on the 18th of September, 2017. The main sale will take place on October 12th, 2017 and will run until the 16th of October, 2017 or until the $20 million main sale cap has been reached. The final price per token will depend on the total sum raised in the main sale, with a maximum price of $0.02 per token.
If you choose to purchase tokens with BTC, you must send BTC from a wallet you control, but need to provide a token receipt address that is ERC20 compatible. Please make sure you DO NOT send funds from the exchange (Poloniex, Coinbase, Kraken, Gemini etc).
If you choose to purchase tokens with ETH, the ETH must be send from a wallet you control. The following wallets are known to be compatible with Ethereum tokens (ERC-20 standard) and may allow you to receive and view your balances: MyEtherWallet (no download needed), Mist (Desktop), Parity (Desktop), imToken (iPhone), imToken (Android).
The token supply will have a 35/25/25/15 distribution, according to the following breakdown.
- 35% will be allocated to the launch contributors.
- 25% will be reserved to incentivize the development community.
- 25% will go to the company, early contributors and advisors.
- 15% will be locked for 6 years to fuel future innovation and ecosystem health.
Use of funds.
The funds raised from the token sale will be used to further develop the technology, for operational expenses such as technology licenses, infrastructure and systems management, marketing and community building, as well as for the general operations of the company.
- 30% Product Development.
- 25% Marketing & Community building.
- 20% Infrastructure & Systems.
- 25% General corporate purposes.
- Strong team and advisors.
- As sharable digital goods become more ingrained in the lives of consumers, BLOCKv technology provides an unprecedented opportunity for brands, marketers and developers to engage with and build stronger relationships with consumers.
- Unique concept.
- Platform underwent Successful scalability and performance tests in 2017.
- Blockchain agostic.
- Only 17.5% of the tokens available to public.
BLOCKv is led by CEO Reeve Collins, a long-time pioneer in the bitcoin and blockchain space and co-founder/CEO of Tether. Other key members of the team include Gunther Thiel (CTO), Lukas Fluri (COO), and Craig Sellars (Blockchain Architect).
The vAtom account will become a ubiquitous fact of life for most people, becoming the default storage locker for items found in every walk of life: from online ads, newspapers and magazines, television commercials, radio advertisements, bus shelters, billboards, games of all types, gifts from friends and random acts of kindness from strangers, retail environments as well as sporting and music events. If you own a smartphone, a television, a PC or a gaming device you will own a vAtom. vAtoms will change the way people experience value, build value, and communicate value.