Hi guys! Welcome to yet another high-ROI ICO review. We are going to review the District Ox ICO, which was successfully held in two weeks between July and August in 2017. We will start with a brief overview of the ICO and then proceed to its features, MVP, partnerships, price analysis, calendar and verdict.
The district0x Network is a collective of marketplaces and communities, referred to as districts. Districts exist as decentralized autonomous organizations on the Network. All districts will be built upon a standard open-source framework, d0xINFRA. The d0xINFRA framework is comprised of Ethereum smart contracts and front-end libraries.
All districts possess the following capabilities required to operate an online market, which are made accessible via list and gallery-style user interfaces:
- Posting and listings
- Search and filtering
- Ranking and reputation
- Payments and invoicing
Each district’s backend logic is controlled by a combination of d0xINFRA contracts shared by all districts on the network and a set of district-specific contracts. D0xINFRA is designed to be open and extendable, allowing districts to implement unique features and enhanced functionality via the plug-in of auxiliary modules.
To provide all internet citizens with an opportunity to freely join and contribute to any district, to align incentives across all of a district’s participants, and to implement coordinated decision-making mechanisms to the district0x Network, the district0x Network Token was introduced.
DNT is a staking token, used by holders to join districts and participate in their governance. Upon staking district0x Network Tokens to a district, participants receive an equivalent amount of voting rights in the district. Staking is done during voting periods.
Voting rights can be used to partake in the processes that determine everything from a district’s branding, to its accepted code of conduct, to the auxiliary modules that are integrated, to the way that fees collected by revenue-generating auxiliary modules are utilized, and beyond.
- Collective of decentralized marketplaces.
- Building a self-sustaining system of incentives that encourages continued participation from stakeholders;
- Built from the tech used in ethlance, a freelancing DAO with listings, reputation, etc.;
- Staking during voting periods
DistrictOx have secured partnerships with several blockchain projects, but are currently working with Aragon. Aragon is an operating system for decentralized entities that facilitates group participation through economic incentives. It allows for easy management of basic components such as voting share distribution, polling, role assignment, accounting and fundraising.
Every time a district is created on the district0x Network, a corresponding entity will be launched on the Aragon Network. DNT holders will be able to stake their tokens to a deposit pool to mint governance rights in the Aragon entity, which can be utilized to propose and vote on various aspects of the district.
Aragon core has not been deployed on mainnet yet.
They also intend to partner with Ox protocol to enable payments within the districts with no intermediaries.
District Ox ICO MVP.
Ethlance is a decentralized job market powered by Ethereum and IPFS, and is the first district on the district0x Network. Using Ethlance, projects can create a listing for their audits, share their budget for the task, and receive proposals in an open and transparent manner with any bids submitted by applicants available for all to view. It has a fully-functional Dapp on the Ethereum Mainnet, with a friendly UI, and an immediate use case.
ENS Bazaar is a peer-to-peer marketplace for the exchange of names registered via the Ethereum Name Service, providing an easily discoverable registry of ENS names available for purchase. ENS Bazaar was launched without a hitch, and thus far over 3000 names have been listed for sale or auction on Name Bazaar.
A third district being worked on is Meme Factory, which will provide an interface for the creation of provably rare digital assets on the Ethereum blockchain which can be immediately posted to a bulletin board-style marketplace for exchange. Meme Factory is still being developed.
The d0xINFRA framework has not been launched yet.
- DNT had a high ROI probably because its ICO had a proportional allotment structure, where there was a single pool of tokens up for grabs, and the total amount of ETH raised determined the issuance rate of DNT per ETH. The more contributed, the more the participants got. 43,169.47 ETH (13M) was contributed and 1 billion tokens minted, 600 million distributed to contributors. 13,898.71 DNT was issued per ETH contributed (at $0.0145 each).
- The second highest daily close for the DNT – BTC pair was recorded on Monday, 21 August 2017 following the ICO.
- DNT had a high daily volume on Saturday, 21 October 2017. This was after positive news as the world moved past China’s Bitcoin, ICO and exchange crackdown earlier in September. The price then dropped gradually as Bitcoin’s price went to hit an all-time high at $6180 as the impending forks drew closer.
- The highest daily close in for the DNT – BTC pair – Ƀ00002944 was recorded on Saturday, 06 January 2018. This should have resulted from the Bitcoin crash earlier in December. The price dropped immediately DNT was listed on Binance.
- The lowest daily close in for the DNT – BTC pair – Ƀ0000023 was recorded on Wednesday, 07 March 2018. This was during BTC’s sideways consolidation.
21 December 2017: Listed on OKex exchange.
04 January 2018: Announced partnership with Keeps to bring private data to user-governed marketplaces.
- Radar Relay
We recommend buying DNT now because it’s at an all-time low of $0.060167.