X-Coin is a Digital payment Eco-system essentially. It’s compiled from Bitcoin, Peercoin, and Darkcoin, plus a few others amazing alt sources. This coin is billed by its developers as an ‘ultra-efficient’ and ‘ultra-secure’ hybrid crypto currency. It was launched on https://bitcointalk.org on February 26, 2015.
X-Coin’s Initial Proof of Work System.
X-Coin was released as Sha256d POW at block 1. The basic concept behind proof of work is simple: one party (usually called the prover) presents the result of a computation which is known to be hard to compute, but easy to verify, and by verifying the solution anyone else can be sure that the prover performed a certain amount of computational work to generate the result.
Before jumping more into that, however, let’s talk hash in a little more detail. The term refers to complex mathematical computations that are required in order for successful mining to take place, and you’ll often see “hash rates” listed along with hardware created for digital currency mining. The higher the hash rate required for successful mining, the longer and more difficult the process will be for miners; this is expressed as the “hash difficulty” of a given type of currency.
This highlights the main difference between the SHA-256 and the other cryptocurrency mining algorithm(Scrypt). SHA-256 is the more complex of the two, and it’s used by Bitcoin and most of the currencies based upon its code such as X-Coin.
Data block processing with SHA-256 tends to be slower—transaction turnaround times, as a result, are measured in minutes as opposed to seconds—but it’s argued that it’s also more thorough and leaves less room for error. Its advocates also say it’s better for overall data security.
Successful mining of coins using SHA-256 often requires hash rates at the gigahashes per second (GH/s) range or higher; this means it’s generally more difficult for individual miners to use; those who do often employ an ASIC or some other separate computing device set up to perform only mining tasks. Since some miners can’t devote a machine—or at least an ASIC—to the task of mining, they often join mining pools.
X-Coin POW Stage Specs:
**Please note X-Coin is no longer in POW Stage.
- Algo type: Sha256.
- POW Stage: Block 0 until Block 30000.
- POW Block Reward Amount: 500 XCO.
- Block Time: 60 Seconds.
- Difficulty Retarget: Every Block.
- Transaction fees paid to miners.
X-Coin’s Proof of Stake System.
X-Coin was changed to POS on March 15th, 2015 at block 30001. Rather than requiring the prover to perform a certain amount of computational work, the proof of stake system requires the prover to show ownership of a certain amount of money, or stake.
The transactions hence made are said to have been minted or forged in this scenario. The forger of the next block is chosen in a deterministic (pseudo-random) way, and the chance that an account is chosen depends on their stake.
In a much basic version of Proof of Stake, forgers aren’t issued block rewards but are self-reliant through the transaction fees paid by the network.
X-Coin POS Stage Specs:
- Minimum staking amount: 1000 XCO.
- Minimum Time to begin Stake: 8 Hours.
- Maximum Time to end of Stake: 24 Hours.
- Staking Rewards: Amount Range from .01 to 50 XCO based on staked amount.
- Max Mined: 50.00 XCO based on optimal block size of: 12500.01 XCO or higher.
- Staked Blocks Maturity Rate: 110 Confirmations to mature.
- Decreasing Inflation Rate: 90% inflation year one, Then will decrease 12.5% each year (Example 77.5% year two, 65% year three, 52.5 % year four).
POS minting on X-coin.
Minting is working perfect. If you have a solid computer, you’ll be just fine leaving the XCO wallet open. In this way the network is maintained by each connected node running a wallet.
XCO minting is great because you get 40 or 50 coins minted per day just by leaving your wallet open. For the best POS minting, it’s recommended that you use block sizes of 10k, or 15k, or 20k and larger.
A premine is where a developer allocates a certain amount of currency credit to a particular address before releasing the source code to the open community. This is often done based on the reasoning that they need to pay for certain features such as listing on exchanges and development of core features such as block explorers.
Some of the more unscrupulous exchanges have been encouraging crypto currency developers to allocate a share of the premine in return for a listing, rather than merits of the technology. This process is often associated with pump and dump schemes.
There was absolutely no premine at all on X-Coin.
- C-CEX. Sell or buy XCO for DRK https://c-cex.com/?p=xco-drk or for BTC https://c-cex.com/?p=xco-btc.
- Sell or buy XCO for BTC https://yobit.net/en/trade/XCO/BTC.
- Sell or buy XCO for BTC https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XCO_BTC.
- X-Coin was de-listed from Bittrex due to low trade volume and lack of user interest.
Since PoW mining is over, to begin using XCO you must transfer XCO into a synced XCO wallet. These are the available options:
- Mac wallet: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2d1m2ib5mb2i3ie/Xcoin-Qt.zip
- Windows wallet: https://mega.co.nz/#!mckS1QyC!JfD1SuaKGD0oQEFZPTuJTppy902a2bJ3jOuBa7TKHtI
- Linux wallet: https://mega.co.nz/#!rdkESBBA!2joS-tyHxEnvqw2EaeWDk-5e21wZoXulUJIdcTi_Vlg
Mining pool Stations.
So what’s a faucet? A faucet is the name given to any website or app which gives away free coins. The name ‘faucet’ literally means a tap, like the ones you have for your kitchen and bathroom sinks. Following this same metaphor, the small amount of coins that users are able to claim from the site are often called ‘drops’.
At most faucet sites a user may claim their free coins by providing a payment address and completing a Captcha puzzle to prove that they are human. Usually your computer’s IP address will be recorded when you make a claim, and you will not be able claim again for a set period of time.
The main purpose of faucet sites is to provide a small amount of free coin to new users, so that they can try it out without needing to buy any. This is considered important because using digital currency is a very new, different, and sometimes intimidating experience for many users. There is also no authority to appeal to in order to correct your mistakes if you do something wrong. Some people may therefore be put off using the technology if they were forced to spend money without having first gained confidence in its use.
For those who play games online, you have probably played a lot of games such as Slots, Roulette, Blackjack, and the likes. You will probably agree that online gaming is very addictive and can turn out to be very profitable if you are good at it. Nevertheless, as an online gamer, if you are still adhering to traditional gaming options, you are losing out on the new age gaming options available with cryptocurrencies such as X-Coin.
You can earn X-Coin by playing online Dice games on Yobit where there’s a zero percent chance of tampering with the odds. Unlike the common dice game where you use a cube with 6 numbers. Instead, it is a crypto-oriented Dice game where you have a greater range and higher fidelity of potential outcomes (0.000-99.999). Your task is to predict whether the lucky number that the Dice will roll is higher or lower than a certain digit.
How to play dice with X-Coin on Yobit:
- Deposit funds to your personal deposit address and wait for one confirmation. As soon as the transaction is received, you can start gambling.
- Choose the Chance. This is ‘your’ lucky number. Once you know how to play dice, you can select this depending on the range of numbers the dice site offers.
- Place your Bet. Once you have chosen your ‘chance’ or number, you can now choose the amount of bet you would want to place for the round.
- Roll HI or Roll LO. If you think that the number that will soon be drawn is higher than the ‘chance’ you selected, you must opt for a ‘Roll HI’. On other hand, if you think the result will be lower than your chosen number, choose ‘Roll LO’.
- Wait for the Result. The dice will be ‘rolled’ and will pick a lucky number. If you just placed a bet on ‘Roll HI’ and the lucky number is higher than your selected ‘chance’ or wagered on the ‘Roll LO’ and the picked digit is lower than your ‘chance’, you will win and sums of X-Coins will go right straight to your wallet.
X-Coin (XCO) specifications.
Current coın Value: $0.005880.
Market Cap: $72,822.
24hr volume: $72.
Cırculatıng Supply: 12,384,976 XCO.
(As of 8/24/2017)
About the Development team.
As of March 24th 2015 – “UltrA1″ had been brought on by Jim Blasko as the new X-Team manager for X-Coin. UltrA1 is a Director and Project Manager of The Altcoins Foundation, and has assisted Jim Blasko, as a team member of Unbreakablecoin.
Meanwhile, the X-Team is looking for legit developers who want to join X-team: Help design code New XCO wallets, implement groundbreaking game ideas for android, and iOS, using multiple cryptos, any eclipse programmers out there, or QT pros.
Contact the X-Team on iRC at http://irc.lc/freenode/x-coin/XCO_Fan, Twitter at https://twitter.com/XcoinNews or at http://x-coin.info/social-media/ to learn more.
[currencyprice currency1=”XCO” currency2=”usd,eur,btc”]
[currencygraph currency1=”XCO” currency2=”usd”]